Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth/Death Records
Restaurant Inspections
Community Health
Child Care Center Inspections
Septic System Inspections
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Disease Surveillance
Mental and Behavioral Health Education
Community Health and Clinical Services
Women, Infants and Children


× Close
Health Department

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program is a nutrition program that provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy food, and other services free of charge to Colorado families who qualify. Learn more by calling 720-643-2401 or clicking on the questions below.

Am I eligible for WIC?

WIC is offered to fathers, mothers, grandparents, foster parents, or other legal guardians of a child under 5 years of age. To be eligible for the WIC program you must be:

  • A pregnant, breastfeeding (up to one year after the delivery of baby), or postpartum woman (up to six months after the delivery of baby), or an infant or child up to five years of age.
  • Currently living in Colorado.
  • Income-eligible (If you receive Medicaid, SNAP, or TANF, you may automatically qualify for WIC.)
  • Able to provide documentation, including proof of identification, income, and residence.
  • You do not have to be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for WIC.

How do I schedule an appointment?

Where is WIC located?

Douglas County Health Department has two WIC locations to serve you:
WIC – Castle Rock
410 S. Wilcox Street
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Open Tuesday & Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

WIC – Lone Tree
9350 Heritage Hills Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Open Monday & Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Beginning in February 2023, Douglas County Health Department will also have staff available on a monthly basis at:
Douglas County Human Services
4400 Castleton Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109
1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Beginning in March 2023, WIC staff will be available on a monthly basis at:
17151 Pine Lane
Parker, CO 80134
2nd Wednesday of the month, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.

Elbert County Public Health
75 Ute Avenue
Kiowa, CO 80117
3rd Tuesday of the month, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.

How do I shop for groceries?

I’m interested in applying for SNAP benefits. Can WIC help?

WIC at Douglas County Health Department does offer SNAP application assistance! Please give us a call at 720-643-2401 if you have questions or would like to apply.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, a Complainant should complete a Form AD- 3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be found online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.