Traffic Alerts – August 2023
This alert page is a one-stop shop to keep up with construction, maintenance, and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you. Keep in mind all projects are weather dependent.
Current projects in unincorporated Douglas County:
- Bayou Gulch Road
- Gravel Roads
- Highlands Ranch Neighborhood Construction Projects
- Inverness Drive Bridge Repair
- Plaza Drive Pipe Repair Project near Broadway
- Quebec & University/Lincoln Signal & Intersection Reconstruction Project
- US 85 from Highlands Ranch Parkway to C-470
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- City of Castle Pines Road Projects
- City of Lone Tree Road Projects
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
Hillside Way – Pinery Subdivision
Starting August 2 Pinery Water & Wastewater will begin the water main replacement project that will last through October 2023. The project involves the replacement of the water main and Douglas County has partnered with Pinery to conduct drainage repairs or install new drainage systems as part of this project along with mill and overlay the road upon completion. Work will occur during normal business hours unless requested through the ROW Permit process. For further information, please contact Debbie Kula at [email protected]
Havana Street @ Glendale Open Space/Dog Park
Construction started on July 26, 2023, and includes the addition of a left turn lane in the southbound direction on Havana Street into the Glendale Dog Park / Open Space Parking lot, to improve the traffic flow and turning lane access at this location. The anticipated completion date is September 2023. Access to the road will remain open with temporary traffic delays in both directions, with only one-way lanes open at a time. Work will occur during normal daytime hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For further information, please contact Keith Burke at [email protected]
CO 67 south of Westcreek (CDOT Project)
May – September 2023:Blasting operations on Colorado Highway 67, south of Westcreek (mile 90-91), will remove rock from this section of road will allow the highway to be widened through this area and improve the sight distance for drivers – this is a CDOT Project. Normal working hours are 7 p.m. to 5 p.m. For further information, please email [email protected] or visit www.codot.gov/projects/co67safetydouglasteller
2023 Storm Sewer Video Program
February through August: The consultant will be intermittently working within the subdivisions of Roxborough Village East & West and Highlands Ranch between Wildcat Reserve Pkwy – Broadway – Lucent – Highlands Ranch Pkwy, accessing manholes and inlets to video the storm sewer systems.
Traffic Striping – Douglas County crews
- Nightwork on Highlands Ranch Parkway: Pavement markings on this corridor started on July 25 and will continue during the month of August. The night hours will be 9 p.m. through 5 a.m. Lane closures will occur – expect minimal delays.
- The County striping crew will resume regular daytime operations starting Monday, Aug. 21 – Thursday, Aug. 24, from 7 a.. – 5:30 p.m.
For further information, please contact Greg Green at [email protected]