Project Name: Event Trailer
Funding Amount Requested: $30,000.00
Response to Application Questions
1. Describe the agency/organization applying for this funding.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Community Outreach and Public Education unit is applying for this funding to reach youth in our community and build better relationships with a new youth activities event trailer.
2. Describe the need for this funding. What is the problem/opportunity this program/project would address?
Having an Event Trailer for youth events will help build trust and foster positive relationships with our community. It is essential to show our youth that cops are here to help. A great way to do this is to serve food and provide fun activities.
3. What are the goals of the project? How many Douglas County youth will be impacted and what specific impacts or benefits will they receive?
This trailer will be at all our community events to include many schools and Special Olympic events. Last year, 2022, the sheriff’s office went to about 66 events with over 15,000 people attending. We are expecting to have more events/children.
4. How would this effort promote access to programs and activities for youth who are underserved in the Douglas County community?
The Sheriff’s Office can take the event trailer to any location in the County, including our lower-income areas, schools, and Law Enforcement Torch Run/Special Olympic Unified events. Everyone is invited to participate in these events.
5. How will the effort be promoted to Douglas County youth?
The Sheriff’s Office will promote events through social media, next-door contacts, Recreation centers, and school resource officers. We also partner with the Highlands Ranch Community Association and Highlands Ranch Metro District for events.
6. How will this project be sustainable and continue to support Douglas County youth after this one-time funding source? What are the plans for the program long term?
The Youth Event Trailer and equipment are a one-time purchase that will be maintained by the sheriff’s Office. The funding for food and supplies will be purchased through fundraising and community partnerships for years to come.