Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Getting Outdoors
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Decode Douglas County
Open Space Special Event Permits
Open Space Properties and Trails
Park Reservations
Parks and Trails
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth Certificates
Death Certificates
Environmental Health
Household Waste Management


× Close


Voter-approved funding helps dozens of programs for those with disabilities

County Commissioners awarded $405,306 in grants distributed to 21 organizations

Posted on December 22, 2021 2021Health and Human Services


As a result of the 2001 voter-approved  Douglas County Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy, $5 million has been awarded to organizations delivering local services to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families, including $405,306 in 2021.

With a focus on better meeting the needs of residents with developmental disabilities Douglas County Commissioners Lora Thomas, Abe Laydon and George Teal approved 21 grants at their Dec. 21 Business Meeting.

This year’s grants ranged  from $3,806 to $80,000 and were awarded to projects and services that demonstrate innovative and collaborative efforts, as well as best practices in serving persons with IDD. Grants were awarded in the areas of: life-in-common, employment, transportation and recreation/leisure.

The Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy Advisory Council reviewed the grant applications for 2021 and advanced 21 grant recommendations to the Board of Douglas County Commissioners.

Grant recipients include: Dirt Coffee Bar, Tall Tales Ranch,  Broken Tree Community Church, CentrePoint Support Living, Colorado Foundation for Conductive Education, Easterseals of Colorado, Financial Health Institute, South Suburban Parks & Recreation, Lone Tree Arts Center, Sky Cliff Center, Wellspring Community, Special Olympics Colorado, Mane Mission, Praying Hands Ranch, Promise Ranch, Highlands Ranch Community Association, Teaching Autism Community Trades, PATHs2PossAbilities, Town of Parker, Town of Castle Rock and Traveling Gnomes.

The County distributes 94.5% of the Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy funds to the County’s community-centered board, Developmental Pathways, while the remaining 5.5 % is set aside for this Grant Program.

For more information you can visit the Douglas County Developmental Disabilities Grant program web page

Your County. Your News. Get it first.

Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences and make sure to follow Douglas County on Nextdoor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Visit the Live Town Hall page to sign-up and receive Town Hall notifications to ensure you are contacted to participate in future community conversations about topics important to you.

Sign Up Now!