New development means new public roads (and sometimes private roads), and all drainage improvements required to eliminate the possibility of damage to downstream properties.
New development can require:
- Construction Plans (extensive) for the roads (according to the Douglas County Roadway Design and Construction Standards)
- Drainage Reports (according to the Douglas County Storm Drainage Design and Technical Criteria manual)
- Pavement Design Reports for the design of the pavement thickness
- Grading Plans which show proposed dirt-work and erosion control for preventing sediment from leaving the site
- Traffic Reports submitted to the County which analyzes the impact of the proposed development on existing public streets