Douglas County will begin a phased-in reopening of its economy beginning April 27 consistent with Governor Polis’ statewide, new “safer at home” orders set to begin that day.
Tri-County Health Department (the public health department for Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties) will be extending Gov. Polis’ stay-at-home order in Arapahoe and Adams Counties until May 8 to stem the ongoing high level of COVID-19 virus infection in these counties.
Douglas County, which has had case numbers level off in recent weeks will not be subject to this order and will continue with the Governor’s “safer at home” order announced earlier this week.
The Governor’s new order is expected to be released before the current stay-at-home order expires on April 27 and CDPHE guidelines are expected to be released on April 27. Douglas County will communicate more information to its citizens and business community in the coming week and weeks after the new order and guidelines are finalized and posted.
“We credit the citizens of Douglas County for our favorable public health data that put us in the position to move forward as a ‘safer at home’ county,” said Commissioner Roger Partridge, chair, Board of County Commissioners.
Tri-County Health Department and the County Commissioners emphasize that it will take every individual in our County to continue following social distancing guidelines, staying at home as much as possible, wearing non-medical cloth face coverings, and practicing abundant personal hygiene and cleanliness to keep our communities healthy and economically viable.
“Douglas County businesses and their employees, healthcare workers, first responders and other essential workers who have continued to serve the citizens of our communities during this public health crisis also deserve our thanks,” said Commissioner Abe Laydon.
“We also credit Douglas County’s municipal mayors, our Highlands Ranch Metro District and Library District for their endorsement of the countywide plan to safely reopen businesses – awaiting approval by Tri-County Health – that aligns with the statewide ‘safer at home’ order,” said Commissioner Lora Thomas, Board vice chair.
The ‘stepped down restrictions’ as part of the Governor’s “safer at home” order – as well as the County’s plan – advise individuals to wear non-medical cloth face coverings that cover the nose and mouth whenever in public; and prohibit public gatherings of ten (10) persons or more in both public spaces and private venues.
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.