Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Getting Outdoors
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Decode Douglas County
Open Space Special Event Permits
Open Space Properties and Trails
Park Reservations
Parks and Trails
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth Certificates
Death Certificates
Environmental Health
Household Waste Management


× Close


Do you need help with heating costs and furnace repairs?

Eligible residents may apply for assistance now through April

Posted on November 1, 2021 2021Health and Human Services


Douglas County residents who need help with winter heating costs may apply for energy assistance through the State of Colorado’s Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP).

The program is seasonal, and help is available Nov. 1 through April 30. While the program is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating, if you are eligible, it aims to help alleviate some of the burdens that come with Colorado’s colder months.

Learn more about the program including qualifications and how to apply.

All LEAP applications are processed by Discover Goodwill of Central and Southern Colorado, one of the County’s community-based partners.  Questions or completed LEAP applications should be sent via email to [email protected]

If you also need help with furnace repair or home weatherization, Discover Goodwill processes a separate application for Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC). To be considered for EOC funds, applicants must apply for LEAP. For general information about EOC please visit www.energyoutreach.org

Utility customers of Black Hills, Xcel, Atmos, or Colorado Natural Gas applying for LEAP or EOC will also have to complete a consent form. Your signed consent form allows Discover Goodwill to talk to your utility company. Consent forms (if applicable) may also be emailed to [email protected]

LEAP and EOC applications may be completed online or if you require a paper form you may also call 303-688-4825 to have an application mailed to you. Applications may also be picked up from the Department of Human Services, 4400 Castleton Court in Castle Rock. Please do not return your application to this site, as that will delay processing.

A postage-paid envelope will be provided with the paper application or you may email the application and other required documentation to [email protected].

Your County. Your News. Get it first.

Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences and make sure to follow Douglas County on Nextdoor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Visit the Live Town Hall page to sign-up and receive Town Hall notifications to ensure you are contacted to participate in future community conversations about topics important to you.

Sign Up Now!