WHAT: Special Work Session
Three weeks after the STEM School shooting, the Board of Douglas County Commissioners, at their May 28 public hearing, unanimously approved a resolution appropriating $13.3 million for school security and mental health services for students in Douglas County.
On Tuesday, July 16, at 6 p.m. the Commissioners will hear funding recommendations and status reports regarding plans for the $13.3 million. Presentations to the Board of County Commissioners will be made regarding:
- New School Resource Officers (SROs): Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and Douglas County schools
- Status of the new Youth Community Response Team (CRT): Douglas County Mental Health Initiative staff, and Sheriff’s Office
- Supportive Mental Health for Students Funding Committee Recommendations: Committee Chair
- Physical School Safety & Protection Funding Committee Recommendations: Committee Chair
6 p.m., Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Douglas County Government Administration Bldg.
100 Third Street, Castle Rock, CO 80104
This meeting will also be livestreamed on the County’s YouTube channel
For Committee details visit:
- Supportive Mental Health for Students Funding Committee
- Physical School Safety & Protection Funding Committee
Wendy M. Holmes, APR,
Director, Communications and Public Affairs
Douglas County Government
303.880.7785 | [email protected]
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.