If your commute takes you into Meridian off Lincoln Avenue, this update is for you. Please plan extra time and expect detours starting this week.
Construction is underway on improvements to the intersection of Havana Street and Meridian Boulevard – a partnership project between Douglas County and the Meridian Metropolitan District.
- Havana Street out of Meridian to Lincoln Avenue will be closed. Oswego Street is the detour.
- If you travel from the north, please use Inverness Parkway.
- Lane shifts will occur on both Meridian Boulevard and Havana Street, with occasional full closures. Delays are expected.
- Traffic control measures will be in place for drivers and pedestrians to follow. See detour map below.
- Construction will take place Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with some work on the weekends.
Please follow posted speed limits and watch for crews. Work is expected to wrap up in December 2022.
The Havana Street and Meridian Boulevard intersection will be reconfigured with new concrete pavement and additional turn lanes to improve safety and traffic flow. Construction also includes replacing the traffic signals at the intersections of Havana Street and Meridian Boulevard and Maroon Circle and Meridian Boulevard. These improvements will enhance sight distance and traffic operations to help with congestion during peak periods.
For information on this project, visit Meridian Metropolitan District’s web page.
For email updates on this and other road construction projects in Douglas County, sign up for Traffic Alert emails. Visit the County’s email subscription page and select “road work/cone zone.”
A safe and accessible multimodal transportation network is one of the Board of County Commissioner’s six core priorities. Read more about the County’s transportation initiatives online.