Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Getting Outdoors
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Decode Douglas County
Open Space Special Event Permits
Open Space Properties and Trails
Park Reservations
Parks and Trails
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth Certificates
Death Certificates
Environmental Health
Household Waste Management


× Close
Community Justice Services

Frequently Asked Questions – Community Service

Hands Holding the Words Need Help, Ask Us in front of a blue Sky

Does Community Justice Services offer any in-home projects?

Unfortunately, Community Justice Services does not offer any in-home options. The only two other alternatives are getting CPR certified with the American Red Cross or donating whole blood to Vitalant.

I completed community service hours before reporting for an intake, will I still get credit?

No, it is our office policy that hours completed prior to the intake will not be credited. Please report to our office for an intake as soon as possible.

I live out of state and I did not complete an intake, what do I do?

Call our office at 303-660-7552 to set-up a remote intake with your officer.

What if I completed hours at an agency that is not approved with community justice services?

Per department policy, hours completed at an unapproved agency will not be credited. Please sign-up with an agency from the list that was provided at the intake.

My forms have expired, what do I do?

Please report to the community justice services office for new forms.

What time can I report for an intake?

Intakes are on a walk-in basis Monday-Friday before 4pm.

Do I have to pay a fee?

Yes, the intake fee will be $75.

How do I get approved for an extension on my Service Agreement or Monitor form?

Please contact your officer before your forms expires for more information. Extensions are approved on a case by case situation.

What happens if I do not complete my hours by the due date on my Monitor Form?

Please contact your officer. Extensions are approved on a case by case situation.

I lost my forms what do I do?

Please report to the office for new forms. We are open Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm.

What happens if I do not pay the $75 intake fee?

Successful completion reports will not be filed with the courts until all fees have been paid in full.

Who is responsible for tracking my hours on the Monitor Form?

The agency is responsible for tracking the hours on the monitor form. Once all hours have been completed, the agency returns the white and yellow copy of the form to the client. Please submit the white form to your officer.

How do I know who my assigned officer is?

Your assigned officer’s information is listed at the top of your agency list.

What if I am not having any luck with the agencies on my list?

Please contact your officer to discuss. Agency lists are filtered by charge and city locations. Your officer can add other city locations to your approved agency list.

Do I have to complete my hours in Douglas County if I live in another city?

No. Agency lists are generated by client’s charge and city locations. If client resides in another county, it is possible that a referral can be sent to that other county.

I live in Larimer County, do I still have to report to the Community Justice office?

Yes. If the case is a Douglas County case,  clients are required to report in person for an intake. Once intake is completed the client needs to reach out to the county they reside in, a referral will be provided with further instruction.

Is there an agency that will allow me to report for long hours?

All schedule details need to be discussed with the agency of interest. Goodwill Stores and ARC locations are examples of agencies that will allow clients to volunteer for longer hours.